During this period of national emergency, we have been overwhelmed with messages from our consumers across the world telling us how our products have been providing extra support during these difficult times, particularly from people who work on the frontline — caring for the sick, supporting the vulnerable and those keeping vital services running. And that was why in April we made a commitment to donate 60,000 Rescue® products across our markets, from UK and USA to France and Germany.
“I work nights in the local hospitals a&e department it’s been helping make shifts more manageable ???? so thank you very much…stay safe”
By the end of May, we sent out 60% of our products to a wide variety of organizations across the different countries, with the remaining 40% shipped out in June. In the UK, we have donated products to over 20 different organizations, from intensive care units and maternity wards in hospitals to care homes and charitable organizations. We have also partnered with two big retailers, Boots and Amazon, to support the care packages they are running. Boots has partnered with FareShare and The Hygiene Bank to distribute products to frontline workers, schools and food banks and we are pleased to be able to support their ambition to deliver 200,000 products. Amazon are delivering their “Surprise and Delight” boxes through their Treasure Trucks and initially started supporting The Nightingale hospital in London but are now scaling it across the UK.
“My colleagues and I join you in saying thanks. We have received your products. All the colleagues were delighted. It gives us back the smile in our hearts. A thousand thanks.”
In the USA, we have supported our frontline store staff in both Whole Foods and Sprouts, ensuring we show appreciation for the essential staff that work every day ensuring people can buy their essentials.
In France, we have supported 11 organizations so far, from care homes that look after people with Alzheimers or people with disabilities to hospitals all over France.
In Germany, we have worked with 12 pharmacy partners to distribute products to care homes in larger cities such as Munich and Cologne to smaller towns such as Lauenburg, Dorfen and Rosenheim.