When it comes to exercise, “no pain no gain” is an age-old belief; but it would be a shame if those aches & pains remained any longer than they had to. There’s simply no reason to be staggering through the streets post-workout, looking and feeling like the walking dead.
Take care of your body and try these top tips to revive those achy arms and legs!
- Listen to your body: Give your limbs time to get used to being active and don’t push them too far. Everyone’s body can handle a different amount of intensity so listen to yours and don’t give it more than it can manage
- Warm up and stretch before and after your workout: It’s important to stretch the body's major muscle groups before and after your workouts. This will help to keep them loose and flexible and ward against injury
- Get enough protein in your diet: Protein contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass. Eat chicken, fish, turkey, soya, tofu, and egg whites as they are some of the best sources of protein
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water throughout the day helps eliminate toxins and waste from the body which can help reverse the effects of muscle fatigue. Try to drink at least 2 litres every day
- Rest: Don’t overwork yourself. A well-rested body is a strong body. It might sound admirable or cool to work yourself to exhaustion but it will negatively impact your physical wellbeing.
- Massage: Massage you muscles to help soothe away aches, the compression helps improve blood flow. Use Nelsons(R) arnicare(R) Arnica Cooling Gel post-workout for a refreshing cooling sensation that will help you feel refreshed and revived in no time.